WINTER SALT BAG PARTNERSHIP SCHEME IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ESSEX HIGHWAYS
Doddinghurst Parish Council annually takes part in the salt bag partnership offered by Essex County Council (ECC) where 25kg salt bags are provided, to be distributed to volunteers to target agreed areas which would not normally be treated by ECC. We feel these areas are important to our local community and need to be accessed during periods of heavy snow.
If you feel you fulfil the following criteria, please contact the office to volunteer:
- If you are confident that you can clear snow, we can allocate salt for you to store in a secure and dry place.
- You will make a commitment to clear your identified area and will make every effort to complete this when required.
- You will be provided with a Volunteer Briefing Sheet – Snow Clearance Guide, and Manual Handling – Good Handling Technique information provided by ECC. You will sign to say that you have received and understood the information.
For More information regarding the Salt Bag scheme and bad weather in the area check out these useful links:
- Doddinghurst Parish Council 01277 824245. Email email@example.com
- Winter & Salt Bag Partnerships FAQ https://essexhighways.org/salting-FAQs
- Salting Routes https://essexhighways.org/salting-routes
- Tracking Gritters https://essexhighways.org/tracking-the-gritting-lorries
- Salt Bins https://www.essexhighways.org/salt-bins
- Severe Weather Blog https://twitter.com/essexhighways
- Met Office https://www.metoffice.gov.uk