DODDINGHURST PARISH COUNCIL HAS A VACANCY FOR A DEPUTY CLERK
14 hours per week
To include Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays
£27,344 (pro-rata) £14.21 per hour
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Day to day management of burial ground and allotments.
- Tracking and recording local planning applications.
- Taking bookings and invoicing for Parish Room hire.
- Updating website and social media.
- Handling general telephone enquiries.
- Deputising for the Clerk when required.
- General support to the Clerk.
- Attending occasional evening meetings.
The successful applicant will be dedicated and organised, have excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills and be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Scribe Accounting & Cemetery packages an advantage, but training will be given. Local government experience and/or knowledge of the local area is preferred.
The role is based at the Parish Office, adjacent to the Village Hall.
The full Job Specification, Person Specification and Application Form are available below.
Please send your completed Application Form with a covering letter to Caroline Fuller, Clerk to Doddinghurst Parish Council to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 23rd February.
Interviews will be held in early March
Deputy Clerk person specification